I recently finished this skirt. It was my first skirt, and really my first project to do almost completely by myself. My mom helped me with the hem, but I did everything else. I didn't use a pattern, because the fabric was supposed to be a dress, and I didn't measure myself, thinking I knew what size I was, and I had cut it out to small. I didn't want to waste the cute fabric, so I took the four gores from the empire-waisted dress and cut them to fit as a normal skirt.
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Sunday, August 10, 2008
Yes folks, we've had the honor to be awarded "Brillante Weblog" by Kathy at Head for the Hills http://www.xanga.com/hillsfam
Here's what she say about us:
Delightful Hands is a blog of a mother and daughter, Heather and Elissa. They are very productive with their hands fulfilling the verse Proverbs 31:13 "She looks for wool and flax and works with her hand in delight." I enjoy popping over there to see what their latest projects are. They inspire me to be more creative.
Thank you Kathy!!!!!!!!
Now I believe we are to bestow the award upon seven other bloggers. I shall do three and Mom will choose the remaining four.
1. Jessica's blog. I am so incredibly, amazingly, and wonderfully blessed to be able to call this amazing, Godly,wonderful, happy, sweet, beautiful, and witty young lady one of my truest and best of friends! Her blog is so fun, and happy, and reflects her inner joy, and her amazing personality. I am often humbled and convicted by her posts, at other times cheered when I'm feeling low.
I'm so happy to be able to award you Jess dear!!!!!
2. Erin at Erin's Artistic Expressions. This talented young lady from Georgia has stunning photography, witty posts about her everyday life, and also beautiful blog templates that she designs herself!
I hope to someday soon be able to meet her in person!!!
And lastly (but certainly not leastly)
3. Brielle's Wardrobe. Brielle is an amazingly talented seamstress! I just adore pouring over pictures of costumes she's created, she does stunning work!!!!!!
So, Jessica, Erin, and Brielle, I bestow upon you the title of Brillante!!! ;)
My choices are :
1. Copper's Wife. Cheryl is a true Titus 2 woman! She always encourages ladies to have their priorities right. Which, is why she will go for spurts of not posting on her blog, because blogging is way down on her priority list. I am always encouraged to spend more time with the Lord, love my husband, love my children and be a better keeper at home! Cheryl's writings really helped me through the first few months here in Arizona!! Thanks Cheryl!!!
2. Your Sacred Calling. Stacy is such an encourager. I have the privilege of knowing her and her lovely family. Stacy is also a true Titus 2 woman. She encourages us to know what the bible teaches about biblical femininity and to live at whatever the cost! She also encourages us to love your husband and your children. I am always challenged and blessed by her posts! Thanks Stacy!!
3.There Is No Place Like Home. I have had the privilege of meeting Kelli in person. She is so sweet and such a hospitable woman! She doesn't make you feel bad when someone breaks a tea cup at her home! ;o) She is very talented and she truly epitomizes the Proverbs 31 woman!
4.It's the Simple Things. Tiffany is as sweet as she is beautiful. She is a very talented young woman and she is such a blessing to her family. She sews beautifully, bakes the most delicious cheesecakes and is a talented photographer. She is engaged to be married and I know she will bring honor and glory to the Lord as a wife, Mother (Lord willing) and a keeper at home.
Posted by Elissa at 9:40 PM