Friday, January 28, 2011

You make me Happy



So I know I promised a post way more than week ago, but then I got sick and didn't feel like doing anything. So here is the promised post, albeit a bit delayed.

I wanted to give you a peek into the newest card in the shop "My Sunshine"

A few days ago, I think it was Wednesday, I was too sick to craft, but after seeing a poster with some of the lyrics to the song "You are my sunshine" in bright sunny yellow, I had the inspiration to make this card. I've been itching to use our adorable new stamp set from PTI called "Scattered Showers" that has an adorable umbrella, so even though I couldn't craft, I grabbed my sketch book and roughly sketched this out.

eek. My umbrella makes me cringe. But give me some slack, I hadn't slept in a while, and I sketched it in about 10 seconds :)



Which a day or so later I cleaned up into this


That is not my normal handwriting, but I knew I wanted something simple and so I printed instead of my cutesy handwriting :)


I finally started to feel a bit better yesterday, so I whipped up this prototype, and while I love it, it wasn't quite shop worthy. I absolutely loved the rounded corners on the word box, So I decided to make the next card with rounded corners.
The Card in Progress. As you can see I'm a rather messy crafter. My scrap paper makes me giggle. A sideways owl silhouette, half- stamped umbrellas and yellow scribbles. :)




So after the sketches and prototype, this is the final result.

I went a little crazy on the clouds, there are certainly more than I intended, but I still love the card. I have another one in the works - the same design, only with a red umbrella with tiny polka dots!

I hope you enjoyed a look into the creative process behind my latest design!

http://www.etsy.com/listing/66938550/yellow-and-teal-umbrella-and-clouds-card

Have an Amazing weekend!

~Elissa

This is an original design and is the property of Delightfulhands Please do not copy this design to sell.

2 comments:

SisterlyLove said...

That is SO sweet! I love it!!

Genevieve

Elissa said...

Thanks Genevieve!! I must say I'm rather partial to it myself! :)